For the safest and fastest cutting of seat belts, harnesses, clothing orother fibrous materials adjacent to living tissue.¬†
Quickly and safely cuts:
Ropes, lines, cords and tubes to 11/2¬†"diameter, bulky or quilted clothing and coats, seatbelts, pilot harness,climbing harness, towelling, blanketing, netting, strapping, footgear, straitjackets and fibrous restraints and electric cords (not live).
- Much greater speed, safety and wider range of cutting capabilities than standard knives, rescue scissors, V-bar type tool etc.
- Rescues strangulation or accident/fire/hostage victims whenever fibrous materials must be quickly cut away without cutting victim.
- Will not slash or stab - cannot be used as a life threatening weapon. Safe for use within instructions or in the field.
- Blades are serial numbered for control. Unit I.D. may be inscribed on etching plates on both sides of handle.
- Blade is 8A High Carbon Stainless Steel Rockwell C-57-60 hardness. Lock keeps blade open until lockbar at rear of handle is depressed.
- Handle is contoured, black rubberised plastic, checkered for comfortable and secure grip.