With a body made of composite materials, this Transit is a lighter, more affordable alternative. It incorporates an Alnico V magnet, precisely balanced on a sapphire bearing, resulting in a powerful magnet, which quickly seeks magnetic north and permits faster readings.
Once calibrated, the Brunton Com-Pro International is more accommodating to regional fluctuations in magnetic force than is the Brunton Com-Pro Classic. The Brunton Com-Pro Internationals accuracy is not as precise as the Classic but is suitable for users who plan on using the instrument in different regions of the world.
- 0-90° Quads
- Alnico V magnets for quick magnetic north needle alignment
- Vertical angle measurements to +/- 90° or 100% grade
- A percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or westdeclination settings to +/- 180°
- Azimuth accuracy ±1/2° with 1° graduations
- Vertical accuracy ±1/2° with 1° graduations and 10 minute readability
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Composite body material has less thermal retention
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- O-rings make the Com-Pro waterproof for increased reliability
- Leather case included
This compass is calibrated for Australia. Compasses calibrated to other regions are available to order. Please allow 6-8 weeks lead time.