KESTREL METER 5400 HEAT STRESS WBGT METER
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress (Orange): 0854ORA
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress (Tan): 0854TAN
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress + Vane Mount (Orange): 0854VORA
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress + Vane Mount (Tan): 0854VTAN
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Pro with Compass and LiNK + Vane Mount (Orange): 0854LVCORA
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Pro with Compass and LiNK + Vane Mount (TAN): 0854LVCTAN
Roberts WO. Medical management and administration manual for long distance road racing.
In: Brown CH, Gudjonsson B, eds. IAAF Medical Manual for Athletics and Road Racing Competitions:
A Practical Guide. Monaco: International Amateur Athletic Federation Publications; 1998: 39-75.
What's new with the Kestrel 5400 over the Kestrel 4400/4600 it replaced:
As for weather reading features,they will be the same. You won't get a 'better' temperature reading, wind reading, etc, or even more readings than available on the 4400/4600... still the same quality USA made meter backed by a 5 year warranty. That being said thereare some pretty outstanding updates.
- Flag warnings via loud buzzer & LED beacon!
- Bluetooth LINK works with PC/Mac viaDongle
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobiel / Android / IOS
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series. All 5000 battery doors are the same and interchangeable.
- Slightly larger and improved higher contrast / resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages (English, French, German, Spanish)
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, more robust, though not really noticeable difference.
- Roughly 10,000 data points. 4000 series all had under 5000 data points.