This listing is for compasses balanced for use in Australia. Compasses balanced for other locations can be arranged by special order. Please email email@example.com for details and current lead times.
If you are looking to save weight when in the backcountry, the ultralight Compro Transit is your mapping solution. Made with all of the same internal components as the Standard Transit, the ComPro is 1.2 ounces lighter.
- measurement style: Strike & Dip
- dimensions: 3.9" x 2.8" x 1.2" | 10 x 7 x 3c
- weight: 5.7oz | 162g
- azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- percent grade: 5% graduations
- declination adjustment: +/- 180˚
- Traditional transit measurement method.
- The composite body on the ComPro is ultralight and tough – this transit even floats!
- The mirror enables sighting and measurement of bearings and vertical angles.
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- The precision NdFeB disc magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization.
- Our magnetic needle can be balanced for use almost anywhere in the world .
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The needle lock button can lock or free the needle, depending on the model.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance.
- All transits are compatible with our Jacob’s Staff/Tripod ball and socket adaptor.
- F-5007 model is Quadrant (0-90) formats. (for Azimuth (0-360) is model F-5008)
- Each comes with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
If you are looking to save weight when in the backcountry, the ultralight ComPro Transit is your mapping solution. Made with all of the same internal components, the ComPro is over an ounce to 6 ounces lighter than any other Brunton Transit.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring. The ComPro saves weight and is made with a lightweight composite body-it even floats, although Brunton Transits are not designed for underwater use.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.