Vertex 5 is developed for measuring tree height, but it is of course possible to measure any preferable height.
The instrument measures the distance and angles then calculates the heights with trigonometry up to 999 meters or 3277 feet, with a resolution of 0.1m (0.1 ft).
- Aim towards the transponder. Press and hold down ON until the sight cross goes out and you get the distace.
- Aim to the height to measure. Press and hold down ON until the sight cross goes out and the measured height is displayed.
It is also possible to measure only distance or angle, e.g. slope angle.
When using the center plot stick with the 360˚ adapter in the center of a sample plot, you can easily measure the distance and check if the trees on the plot are within the correct radius to be measured.
When using a prism or similar, there is the BAF function “Basale Area Function” to control the minimum (DBH) that the tree must have to be counted at sample points.
BAF factors: 0.5, 1 to 9 (m2/ha) or 5, 10, 15..to 50 (ft2/acre)
Vertex 5 can be used in dense vegetation and undergrowth
- Measure Distance up to 30 meters or 100 feet with a resolution of 0,01 m or 0,1 feet even in dense vegetation, and with an accuracy of +-1% or better if calibrated
- Measure Heights up to 999 meters or 3277 feet with a resolution of 0.1m/0.1 ft
- Measure Angles in Degrees 360°, Grads 400° or percent % with a resolution of 0.1°
- 5000 data sets can be stored in the built-in memory and saved as a CSV file
- Bluetooth® 4.0 (BLE) can be used to transfer data wirelessly to devices with Android, iOS, or Windows
- (BAF) Basal Area Function to determine the minimum diameter DBH that a tree most have, on sample point to be counted
- Multilanguage, select your preferred language
|Weight||173 g (6.10 oz.)(incl. battery)|
|Battery||1 x 1,5 AA alkaline,
Current 20mA with Bluetooth 150mA
|Temperature||20° to +45°C / ‐4°F to 113°F|
|Wireless interface||IR, Bluetooth® BLE|
|Memory||Storage 5000 data sets.|
|Signal||Built-in loud speaker|
|Ultra sonic frequency||25 kHz|
|Height||999 m (3277 ft.). Resolution: 0.1 m/ 0.1 ft|
|Angle||-90° to +90° deg./ ‐100° to +100° grads, Resolution: 0.1˚|
|Distance||30 m / 100 ft. With 360° adapter 20 m / 60 ft .
Resolution: 0.01 m/ 0.1 ft Accuracy: 1%
|BAF factors||0.5, 1 to 9 (m2/ha) or 5, 10, 15..to 50 (ft2/acre)|
|Languages settings||Czech, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Latvian,
Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
|Size||Diameter 70 mm/2,8”|
|Weight||85 g/5 oz (Incl. Battery).|
|Battery||1 ea AA 1.5V alkaline battery necessary for T3|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.