Kestrel 1000 Anemometer Pocket Wind Meter. Here's the one that started it all! Kestrel developed the Kestrel 1000 Anemometer Pocket Wind Meter in 1995 when NK co-owner, Richard Kellerman, needed a reliable wind meter for flying his glider. Over 20 years later, it looks a little slicker, and it still gives you the reliable, accurate wind measurements that you need.
Every Kestrel Meter features a large, 25mm impeller mounted on a sapphire jewel bearing, which means it starts rotating with the slightest puff of air 0.48 kph to be exact! And this unique impeller is user-replaceable, too, which means it can easily be replaced if it is damaged or worn.
If your application demands regular calibration, simply pop in a new impeller and the Kestrel Wind Meter is restored to like-new factory calibration standards. The Kestrel 1000 can easily be switched between mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort.
Kestrel 1000 Measures
Kestrel 1000 Features
- Protective cover with sure-grip over molding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display
- Waterproof and floats
- Patented user-replaceable impeller
- Wide range of wind speeds and low start-up speed
- Reliable, portable, and easy to use
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
- 5 year warranty
Kestrel 1000 Includes
- A slip-on protective cover
- Neck lanyard
- CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.