KESTREL 5500 FIRE WEATHER METER PRO
What's new with the Kestrel 5500FW over the StandardKestrel 5500:
You'll get all the features and benefits of the lightweight waterless 5500 meter with a few added benefits:
PIG Screen (Probability of Ignition)
FDFM Screen (Fine Dead Fuel Moisture)
Advantage over the Kestrel 3000 & Kestrel 3500FW models: You won't need to calibrate this meter! Kestrel AU will stand by this and other 5000 series models to hold calibration within drift for 5 years. Kestrel AU will repair, recalibrate or replace any defective product within the warranty period. Defective‚ includes measurements outside of our accuracy spec plus stated drift.
RH (Relative Humidity):
Sensors: 10 to 90% 25C non-condensing
Calibration Drift: Typically less than +/- 0.25% per year!
To achieve stated accuracy, unit must be permitted to equilibrate to external temperature when exposed to large, rapid temperature changes and be kept out of direct sunlight.
The Kestrel Meter 5500FW Heat Stress Meter measures/features
- PIG Screen (Probability of Ignition)
- FDFM Screen (Fine Dead Fuel Moisture)
- Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- Globe Temperature
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
- Wind Speed (Current, Average, & Maximum)
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Relative humidity in %
- Accuracy: +/-2%RH
- Sensors: 10 to 90% 25C non-condensing
- Calibration Drift: Typically less than +/- 0.25% per year!
- Heat Stress Index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature F or C
- Waterproof and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customisable data storage - 2900 data points
- Humidity sensor can be calibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Customise screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Data charting
- Meets MIL-STD-810F 516.5 Procedure IV Transit Shock test - 20 drops from 5 ft. IP-67 sealed to exclude dust and water at 3 ft. submersion
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Made in the USA
- 5 Year Warranty
- PIG (Probability of Ignition) waterproof card
- FDFM (Fine Dead Fuel Moisture) waterproof card
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.