Brief product information
Special model with rotating hook designed to grasp small fruit on the tree (e.g. olives of any size). Drag pointer (1 pcs included + 1 replacement) for indication of maximum resistance when picking the fruit. The result is a criteria for ripeness and harvest timing. Precise and handy Spring Balance with durable anodised aluminium tube and long scale of high resolution. Tare and zero adjustment. Swivelable, rotatable and removable suspension bow, guided in a ring. A multifunctional long life measuring instrument for weighing and measuring traction forces. Always ready for use, needs no batteries. A time-tested original Swiss quality product.
The EU recommends to measure the withholding force of fruit on their peduncle in random sampling for reasons of quality and determination of harvesting period (in particular for olives).
- Fully pull out the measuring bracket on its shaft until it jams and can be positioned for easy use.
- Bring the scale into measuring position (e.g. scale inclined downwards, hook upwards, in direction of the peduncle).¬†
- Adjust the zero point with the tare screw.
- Slide the drag pointer towards zero.
- Put the eye-hook around the peduncle of the fruit.
- Continuously pull on the bow of the scale (the axial extension of the scale from 0 ‚Äì 1000 g should take 3 seconds). The fruit will detach sometime during tensile loading and the drag pointer will stand still on the maximum load. ATTENTION: take care that no recoiling braches will move the drag pointer before reading.
- Repeat the measurement on different fruits (10 x), note the different maximum forces and calculate the average for final result.
|Tare (zero adjustment)||~ 20%|
|Drag pointer||1 pcs + 1 pcs replacement|
|S (Scale length)||100 mm|
|L0 (Length without load)||244 mm|
|Lm (Maximum length)||344 mm|
|√ò (Diameter)||12 mm|
|Components||all non corroding|
|Net weight||34 g|
|Gross weight||49 g|
|Measuring position||free choice|
|Calibration by user||not applicable (only by manufacturer)|
|Packaging||transparent telescopic tube|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.