Visit the Cattle Heat Stress Minisite for a more detailed look at the importance of managing heat stress in your cattle operations.
Barn / Housing Ventilation Assessments:
Regardless of the type of barn/house design all livestock require proper ventilation and air movement to maximize health, growth, and comfort. The Kestrel 5000AG provides air speed and air flow measurements to quickly quantify air movement in the vicinity of livestock, locate drafts, measure fan effectiveness and confirm duct discharge velocity. Volume air flow takes duct shape and dimensions into account and allows for accurate comparison of various locations in a system. No calculator is needed to determine airflow with the Kestrel 5000AG – a few quick menu picks and built-in averaging gives you accurate readings instantly.
Microclimate, Harvest and Storage Conditions:
Many livestock professionals also grow and store grains, hay and other feedstuffs. The Kestrel 5000AG can measure micro-climates around the farm to determine where mold and disease may be a problem, ensuring conditions are right for harvesting, drying, and storage. Leave the Kestrel 5000AG in place anywhere in th field, barn or greenhouse to get a graphical history of overnight conditions, (the Kestrel 5 Series Rotating Vane Mount and a ¼-20 camera clamp or tripod makes it easy).
Choose Kestrel LiNK Option to Add the Power of Apps:
LiNK is Kestrel’s wireless data communication system, powered by Bluetooth® low energy. Choose the Kestrel 5000AG with LiNK option and you get full iOS, Android, PC and Mac app support. See real-time readings on your phone or tablet on a customizable dashboard up to 100’ away (line of sight). Download stored data from your Kestrel to save or share it. Plus, you can update the firmware on your Kestrel when improvements are released.
Learn more about LiNK and LiNK Apps:
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Note: Bluetooth® low energy is built into all recent iOS and Android devices. PC and Mac connectivity require purchase of a Kestrel LiNK USB Dongle. Non-LiNK units can be connected to PC’s and Mac’s, but NOT phones and tablets, using the Kestrel USB Data Cable.
Built for Farm Use:
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards – 10 drops from 4’).
- Waterproof and dustproof (sealed to IP67 standards – 30’ submersion to 3’).
- Small – carry in your pocket or store in your glove box.
- High visibility case to avoid loss.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- Airflow impeller can be field-replaced without tools if damaged – patented!
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
- Handheld, portable, data logger with on-screen graphing and measurement statistics.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Kestrel COC regarding accuracy of measurements
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Veterinarians have been purchasing Kestrel meters for years, knowing they will provide the readings they need immediately and reliably. Farmers know a Kestrel meter can help them avoid property damage, reduce livestock losses, and maximize productivity. Shouldn’t YOU be working with Kestrel?
- Air Flow
- Air Speed
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
Who's Using the Kestrel 5000AG Agriculture Environmental Meter:
- Dairy Producers
- Cattle Ranchers
- Poultry Growers
- Swine Operations
- Livestock Transporters
- Livestock Processors
- Ag Consultants
- Facility Managers
- Facility Inspectors